Recently we have seen a very high demand for AR roller units for turning machines (lathes) from customers wanting to ensure that their machines are fully compliant with the latest health and safety regulations.
In order to comply, lathes must conform to the standards set out in EN12840.
The basics for manually-operated lathes are as follows:
1. interlocked chuck guard
2. feed and lead screw protection
3. saddle or splash guard if the risk of ejection demands it (risk assessment)
4. rear fixed guard
5. emergency stop
6. spindle braking above 1.5hp
7. gear drive cover (fixed or interlocked)
In addition, Regulation 11(1) of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 states:
“Every employer shall ensure that measures are taken in accordance with paragraph (2) which are effective (a) to prevent access to any dangerous part of machinery or to any rotating stock-bar; or (b) to stop the movement of any dangerous part of machinery or rotating stock-bar before any part of a person enters a danger zone.”
(5) In this regulation – “danger zone” means any zone in or around machinery in which a person is exposed to a risk to health or safety from contact with a dangerous part of machinery or a rotating stock-bar; “stock-bar” means any part of a stock-bar which projects beyond the head-stock of a lathe.
The AR roller blind provides a complete solution to ensure that your lathes are fully compliant and to protect your employees from injury. These roller blinds are manufactured to the highest standards by Italian company Repar2, a global market leader in safety products for industry.
As the official UK distributor for Repar2 we are able to supply AR roller blinds directly to our customers. We can visit your premises to perform a full risk assessment and/or deliver and install your roller unit after purchase, providing peace of mind that the product is fitted correctly and your machinery is compliant. Alternatively, you can order the AR roller blind and install it using our detailed instruction guide.
For more information about AR roller blinds or to arrange a visit please contact us.