– Who We Are –
PUWER Machinery Guarding is a partnership between Machine Covers Limited and ISS Safety Limited. We specialise in providing safety solutions for industrial machinery and specifically in making older machinery compliant.
The partnership pulls together a vast resource of knowledge and experience in providing effective solutions to ensure your machinery complies with the requirements imposed by the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER 98).
We are the official UK Agent and Distributor for Repar2 and our product partners also include Haake Technik GmbH, Ronis, Comitronic and Omron, enabling us to provide a comprehensive range of high-quality industrial safety products.
We offer a complete solution for your business, from initial risk assessment through safety system design, build, integration, certification and user training.
– Our Process –
We don’t just sell products. We combine advice and assessment with engineering expertise enabling us to design and deliver a total safety solution that fulfils the specific needs of your organisation.
This process includes;
Detailed PUWER machinery risk assessments by TÜV Nord certified machinery safety experts and NEBOSH-qualified professionals, capturing all the problems at the outset.
Consultation to discuss your specific requirements and design of a solution that works for you, your employees and your business.
Installation of a safety guard and control system design to meet with the requirements of the Harmonised European Safety Norms (Standards).
Installation and integration into the machine’s control system ensuring compliance with BS EN ISO 13849-1 ‘Safety related parts of Control Systems’.
Operator training and formal machine handover with supporting operating and maintenance manuals.
Certificate of conformity.
– Our Experience –
- Specialists with specific expertise in making older machinery compliant.
- TÜV Nord certified machinery safety experts and NEBOSH-qualified professionals with a good knowledge of your machinery and relevant standards.
- Experts in designing and delivering safety solutions.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of industries and the individual complexities of many diverse business sectors.
- Understanding of the different needs of a varied customer base ranging from global market leaders to small businesses.
– Our Offer –
- Complete solutions, managing the entire process from the assessment of your machine(s) through safety system design, build, integration and certification.
- Consultation to understand your specific requirements in order to find a solution that is right for your business.
- Thorough assessment of your machine(s) to capture every problem at the outset in order to provide a comprehensive solution that will resolve all the issues in one process.
- Use of best practice solutions, delivering a safety guard and control system design to meet with the requirements of the Harmonised European Safety Norms (Standards).
- Formal handover, training and certificate of conformity, giving you reassurance that you have taken all necessary steps to protect your employees and meet your obligations under PUWER 98.
– Our Customers –
We asked our clients what they like to see on this site and pictures of our guards fitted to all different types of machinery in many different applications or industries came up frequently.
Although we have a lot of photos of our guarding that our installation engineers have taken when fitting guards at our clients’ sites, we would really enjoy seeing and publishing your pictures too! Please send us your photos, preferably landscape oriented showing your guards, your machinery and even better with your personnel to [email protected]