PUWER Machinery Guarding is a partnership between Machine Covers Limited and ISS Safety Limited. We specialise in updating older machinery so that it complies with the requirements imposed by the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER 98). Our collaboration draws together a wealth of varied and comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to provide complete safety solutions tailored to our clients’ specific needs.
Rather than simply selling products, with our one stop shop we take our clients through all of the necessary steps to update their machine safety measures to meet PUWER 98 obligations in one comprehensive process:
• TÜV Nord certified machinery safety experts and NEBOSH-qualified professionals carry out a detailed and thorough PUWER machinery risk assessment of your machine(s).
• We complete a consultation with you to create a solution tailored to the specific requirements of your business.
• We install a safety guard and control system design which complies with the Harmonised European Safety Norms (Standards).
• We integrate the safety solution into the control system of your machine(s), ensuring accordance with BS EN ISO 13849-1 ‘Safety related parts of Control Systems’.
• Your employees receive operator training and we complete a formal machine handover with supporting operating and maintenance manuals.
• You receive certificates of conformity for all relevant guarding & control systems.
Our knowledge of the complexities of many different industries and business sectors and experience of a varied customer base, ranging from global market leaders to small enterprises, makes PUWER Machinery Guarding an ideal choice when it comes to machine safety solutions for your business.